PlateJoy, Inc. (“PlateJoy,” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website and Application;
- in email, text, telephone and other electronic messages between you and PlateJoy, or PlateJoy Medical (defined in Note below); when you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by PlateJoy or any third party;
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or Application.
Note, PlateJoy is not a medical group. Any telemedicine consults obtained through our Website or Application are provided by independent medical practitioners including, but not limited to, PlateJoy Health Medical Group of California, P.C. and PlateJoy Health Medical Group, P.A. (collectively, “PlateJoy Medical”). Despite the similarity in our names, PlateJoy, Inc. and PlateJoy Medical are all separate companies. PlateJoy Medical consists of independent medical groups with a network of United States based health care providers (each, a “Provider”). If you use the telehealth services made available through the Site, PlateJoy Medical (or your own medical provider if you do not use a PlateJoy Medical Provider) is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not PlateJoy, Inc. If you do not agree to be bound by those terms, you are not authorized to access or use our Website and Application, and you must promptly exit our Website and Application.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website and Application are not intended for children under the age of 18 and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our Website or our Application. We will remove any information about a child under the age of 18 if we become aware of it.
Information We Collect About You, How We Collect It, and the Sources of the Information
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Application, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, date of birth, credit or debit card number (for payment purposes only), your medical history, health insurance information if applicable, biometrics (including fingerprints), health information, or any other information that you provide to us (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Application, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or through our Application; or
- about the equipment you use to access our Website or use our Application and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website or use our Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and the Providers.
The categories of information we collect are:
- Category A: Personal identifiers (such as name, address, telephone number, email address, account name and medical record identifiers)
- Category B: Personal information categories listed in the CCPA (signature, name, health insurance information, financial information for payment purposes, medical information
- Category C: For employment and vendors: professional or employment-related history, performance evaluations, education, work history, credit information, bank account numbers or other financial information for payment and background checks
- Category D: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: age, race, marital status, medical condition, gender, military status and genetic information
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or through our Application is:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or the Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or Application, using our Provider consultation services, purchasing services or products, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Application;
- information from third party applications that you authorize PlateJoy to collect. These third party applications may include Withings, Fitbit, Apple health, Google Fitness, and others.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website or through the Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or Application.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or Application or transmitted to other users of the Website or Application or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website and Application with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Website or Application, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Application, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or in the Application; and
- information about your computer and mobile device, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and Application version information.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and our Application according to your individual interests;
- recognize you when you return to our Website and our Application.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”, (located at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google's website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Location Tracking for Android Users. For Android app users who receive a Withings scale as part of your participation in a PlateJoy Health program: In order for Android to locate and connect to Bluetooth devices, location services must be allowed. Since your Withings scale uses Bluetooth during initial setup and connection to your WiFi, you will need to activate location services during the scale setup process.
How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Website or Application to you;
- provide products and services to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- notify you about changes; and
- provde you with notices about your account
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to present our Application;
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you;
- to process, fulfill, support, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
- to provide you with notices about your PlateJoy account;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, and contests;
- to improve our products and services and to develop new ones;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website, our Application, or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by visiting your User Account page. For more information, see Section 6, Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information, below.
Disclosure of Your Information
- third party service providers that we use to support our business;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose as described above (for more detail about the Categories see Information We Collect About You, How We Collect It and Sources of the Information above):
- Category A: Personal Identifiers
- Category B: California consumer records
- Category C: Professional and Education records for employment applications
- Category D: Protected classification characteristics
This information was disclosed with your consent or in providing our Services to you.
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, and ordering, marketing, and payment processing services. Our payment processors’ privacy policies may be found at http://stripe.com/us/privacy;
- to your employer, if requested by your employer and you have consented and are accessing our Website and Application under your employer’s account;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by PlateJoy about our Website and Application users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, we may disclose your personal information to a Provider;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PlateJoy, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your Personal Data for our advertising to you, and other targeted advertising.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Section 5, Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from PlateJoy. If you do not wish to have your email address used by PlateJoy to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or logging onto your User Account page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to PlateJoy as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services.
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (http://www.aboutads.info and https://www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by Providers and other third parties. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and change your personal information by logging into the Application or Website and visiting your Account Preferences page.
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into our Website or Application and visiting the User Account sections on either the Application or Website, depending on which you used to create your account. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Do Not Track Signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals, and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
Data Security; HIPAA
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by keeping your password to our Website confidential.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Website or Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website or on or through our Application. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, in your operating system, or in the Application.
Some information PlateJoy collects constitutes protected health information (“PHI”) under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). As set forth above, PlateJoy Medical (or your own medical provider if you do not use a PlateJoy Medical Provider) will provide you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not PlateJoy, Inc. PlateJoy will use PHI only for the purpose for which it was collected and we only collect the information we need to fully perform our services and to respond to you, your Provider, or your employee benefits program. We may use your PHI to contact you, to provide requested services, to provide information to your Providers, employee benefits program and insurers, to obtain payment for our services, to respond to your inquiries and requests, and to respond to inquiries and requests from your Providers and benefits program. We may combine your information with other information about you that is available to us, including information from other sources, such as from your Providers, insurers or benefits program, in order to maintain an accurate record of our participants. PHI will not be used for any other purpose, including marketing, without your express consent.
With respect to any PHI PlateJoy may obtain, you have certain rights under HIPAA to access your data, to restrict use and disclosure of it, to request communication methods, to request corrections to your data, to receive an accounting of disclosures and to receive notice of any breach.You may request any of these actions from PlateJoy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Notice of Privacy Practices provided to you by your Provider(s) for more information.
Your Rights and Choices under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information,
- Provide a good or Service that you requested,
- Take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you,
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities,
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality,
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law,
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws,
- When the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent,
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us,
- Comply with a legal obligation,
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us:
- Email us at email@example.com
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or Services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You may contact us through the contact information below.
How to Contact Us:
Attn: Privacy Officer PlateJoy, Inc.
1101 Red Ventures Dr
Fort Mill, SC 29707